Saturday, June 13, 2020

♪Spirit of the Living God♪

Friday, June 12, 2020 (6:23 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

My spirit took a hit the other day and it has yet to fully regain its balance. Holy God, I look to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Do in and with, by, through and for me all that I am unable do for myself.

I keep drawing correlations. Likening one thing to another. Realizing that I am in deep need of Your presence. Your Spirit. Yes Lord! ♪Spirit of the Living God fall afresh on me♪

Your Word speaks loudly to me. Galatians 6:9. The Living Bible. “And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t get discouraged and give up.”

Who looks like that? Oh… I do!

Tired. Discouraged. Giving up.

So again, I turn to You. Once more asking, seeking, knocking. You are able Lord. I am willing.

Hebrews 4:12. So many variations of saying the same Truth.

Revised Standard Version. “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”

The Passion Translation. “For we have the living Word of God, which is full of energy, and it pierces more sharply than a two-edged sword. It will even penetrate to the very core of our being where soul and spirit, bone and marrow meet! It interprets and reveals the true thoughts and secret motives of our hearts.”

The Message. “God means what He says. What He says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God’s Word. We can’t get away from it - no matter what.”

And right there? A smile. On my face. In my heart. You know what You require. You provide our every need.

There is so much going on in the world Lord. Disease. Discord. Disruption. Our hearts and souls, our minds and spirits are becoming disillusioned. Distraught. And then we turn to Your Word and take hope.

Again comes the song ♪Spirit of the Living God fall fresh on me Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me… Fall fresh, fall down… Fall, fall, fall, fall down on me…♪

Oh Lord! Here’s a laugh. This time last week I fell. Off a board. Into icy water. And it freed me.

Prior to the fall I was practically frozen by fear. Stiff. Afraid to reposition my feet. Fearing what any degree of imbalance might cause.

The fall itself appearing in slow motion. Quickly broken by the frigidity of the lake. And the realization that the fear of falling was so much worse than the actuality.

Thank You Father. Thank You for this giant reminder. Not only did I fall once. No. I fell again. And the second time? Even more freeing.

The first one slowed my paddling. Substantially. I recognized how hard I was pulling in direct relation to what little progress I was making.

It was the next dip in the drink that allowed me to see that I had been dragging a full bag of water. Lord God, how I thank You now for this perfect reminder of the importance of letting go of dead weight!

Emptying the bag freed me to glide, practically flying through the water. You have that power for us to utilize. Every time we ask for it.

It is up to us to turn and give into Your power. There are so very many things that I don’t need in this life. You are not one of them!

♪Spirit of the Living God fall fresh on me… Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me… Fall afresh, fall afresh, fall afresh on me♪

I love You Lord. I need You. And how I ask that You will do all You must to set my balance. On You. In You. With You. By You. Through You. And for You. Use me this day exactly and as only You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(711 words ~ 8:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment