Wednesday, June 24, 2020

another chance

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 (6:57 a.m.)

Holy God,


Another day. Another opportunity. Yes! That’s what this is. Another chance for us to see and get to know You better.


Mm, yes. Another chance to sing. And smile. Stand firm. And stay our minds on You.


Father God, how I appreciate the way You turn the direction of my heart. My soul. My mind. And my strength.


I may very well start out thinking one negative thought or another. Every time I give You control You provide me another chance to change. Thank You Lord.


Jesus’ very own friends got to experience another chance to really believe in Him. Come to trust. Grow in faith.


His dear friend Lazarus had died. Making it plain to His disciples Jesus told them, “Lazarus is dead. And for your sake, I’m glad I wasn’t there, because now you have another opportunity to see who I am so that you will learn to trust in me. Come, let’s go and see him” (John 11:14b-15).


Ultimately Jesus raised his friend from the dead! Blessed Father God, how I thank You for yet another chance to truly look at all that You are and all that You do.


I love You. And I ask You to use me this day. Exactly as only You know is best. Taking full advantage of every single opportunity You provide to put our attention back on You. Where it so rightly belongs.


Thank You Father. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(259 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment