Thursday, June 25, 2020

the everlasting God

Thursday, June 25, 2020 (6:15 a.m.)

Going through the motions here Lord,


Showing up. Wanting to offer praise. Getting lost in the overwhelm of so much unfinished business.


Yep. That’s what I seem most focused on lately. All the things I have left undone. Where it is that I fall flattest.


Thank You Lord that we are allowed, even called, to look again to You. Oh see here! Another smile.


Revelation 3:19. The Message. “The people I love, I call to account - prod and correct and guide so that they will live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!”


Here’s a reality I’m willing to confess. I’ve recognized that I’ve been feeling “less than” lately. Falling once more into that deep trap of comparing myself unfavorably to others. You are my way out of this Lord.


Mm, yes Father. This is where I turn. Come back to the foot of the cross. Filled with the hope and adoration that only comes from being vitally connected to Your everlasting love.


How perfect that the tune with which I awoke more than an hour ago has led me to singing ♪You are the everlasting God The everlasting God You do not faint You won’t grow weary You’re the defender of the weak You comfort those in need You lift us up on wings like eagles Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord♪


Oh most dear and blessed God how I thank You that it is to You we get to come. Singing. Smiling. Standing firm on Your Word of Truth. And staying our minds on Your promises.


♪Our God, You reign forever Our hope, our Strong Deliverer♪ Thank You Father.


Looking again to Revelation 3:19. This time in The Passion Translation. “All those I dearly love I unmask and train. So repent and be eager to pursue what is right.”


“Unmask and train.” Or “rebuke and discipline.” See also “prod and correct and guide.” Yes Lord. This I ask of You.

(7:25 a.m.)


And here I turn to Galatians 6:4-5 as the classic reminder I continuously need. “Be sure to do what you should, for then you will enjoy the personal satisfaction of having done your work well, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct.”


You made me exactly as I am. Every single foible and flaw I seem so eager to focus on. Father thank You that YOU have a plan for my life (Jeremiah 29:11).


How I thank You that singing begins so readily when I need it most. This time in children’s voices. ♪God Has a Plan for My Life. God has a plan for my life. I just can’t wait to see What’s in store for me, ‘Cause God’s got a plan for my life. It won't all be easy, But God will understand. Through all the hard times, He'll be there to hold my hand. He knows just how special I'll turn out to be, Yes, God has a plan for little ol' me♪


I love You Lord. I need You. I trust You. I turn to You. And I thank You. Do all You must to restore me to the rhythm and balance that You know is specific and perfect just for me.


Yes. You created me. You know Your best. Empower and enable me to think, say, be and do all that You have set out precisely for me. Boldly making one decision after another according to Your will.


I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(572 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment