Sunday, June 14, 2020

healing song

Sunday, June 14, 2020 (6:23 a.m.)
You’ve done it again Dear Lord,

Given me another healing song. Recognizing it immediately upon my awakening. Not understanding its significance until reading its lyrics.

Initially, having only the chorus, I found myself rather annoyed. Thank You Father that by reading the very first word I felt my demeanor change.

Even that very word [de-mean-or] causes me to stop and think. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if You could truly de-[un]mean me!

Thank You God. Thank You for every time You help me think more deeply. Examining my behaviors. My thoughts. My heart. Soul. Mind. And strength.

This is where I confess to You the way I have continued allowing a few carelessly spoken words shape and color my attitude. Forgive me Father. You know Your best for me. And I keep refusing to drop my guard.

And now? That healing song. You singing Your Truth to me. Reminding me yet again of the vital importance of Your healing presence in my life.

Singing that very first word, my face softened. My heart loosened its choking grip on unforgivingness.

♪Smile ~ an everlasting smile A smile could bring you near to Me Don’t ever let Me find you gone ‘Cause that would bring a tear to Me This world has lost its glory Let’s start a brand new story Now My love right now there’ll be No other time and I can show you How My love Talk in everlasting words And dedicate them all to Me And I will give you all My life I’m here if you should call to Me You think that I don’t even mean A single word I say It’s only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away♪

With every single word I copy here Dearest Lord, I hear YOU singing Your Truth to me. It’s YOU who can change every thing for us.

A smile absolutely brings me near to You. Too often when I recognize myself gone [pulling away] from You there can be such a determined attempt of justification on my part.

When I notice my feelings are hurt, I play with the lie that I have the right to make the other pay. Revenge. Spite. Bitterness. And all the negatives spiral and build in strength.

Forgive me Father. I truly have been behaving hatefully. Replaying hurtful words.

And again You sing ♪It’s only words, and words all I have to take your heart away♪ Your Words of Truth and love and forgiveness and hope and joy truly will take my heart away when I let them!

Thank You for singing another healing song to me this morning. Starting with that very first instruction. ♪Smile ~ an everlasting smile♪ A smile that will bring me near to You. Thank You Lord. Praise You.

Use me this day that I will truly represent You well. Singing. Smiling. Standing and staying my mind on Your Word of Truth. Surrendering to Your will and to Your way.

Words can make us happy. Or words can make us sad. “Words satisfy the mind as much as fruit does the stomach; good talk is as gratifying as a good harvest. Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit - you choose” (Proverbs 18: 20-21).

Father, You give us the choice of life and death (Deuteronomy 30:19). Continue Your work that I would indeed choose life.

Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(584 words ~ 8:22 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment