Monday, June 8, 2020

two more words

Monday, June 8, 2020 (6:49 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I’ve been absent from You. Wanting to avoid sadness. It didn’t work. It never does!

I do remember singing to You on Saturday. Gloria Patri. The Doxology. And The Lord’s Prayer. Songs that came naturally. Readily. Whole heartedly. And now? Not.

Hmm, those two words represent my attitude of the last few days quite well. “Not now.”

All the things I know I “should” be doing. Business not being taken care of. This is where I turn again to You. Asking that You would adjust my attitude.

Yes Father! Here again I get to recognize my need for all that only You can provide. Avoiding spending time at Your feet is absolutely NOT the answer!

Actively seeking You is! Thank You Father. And here come the smiles. One after another. The apostle Paul chose contentment (Philippians 4:11). Repeatedly. No matter his circumstance.

Holy God, how I thank and praise You for Who and all You are. The wind may not be to my liking. Nor the political climate. And racial injustices. Yet still You are good. All the time.

Let me remember and take strength in Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Oh! Look at these two more words. “Full armor” (v. 11).

“Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Yes! Even two more words. Devil’s schemes!

Oh Blessed Father, I have glossed over this important section of Your Word (vs. 11-18) for so long. Forgive me!

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood… day of evil… stand ground… Stand firm… belt of Truth… breastplate of righteousness… feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace… shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one… helmet of salvation… sword of the Spirit. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.”

Holy, Blessed God, thank You for reminding me of the importance of having on Your full armor. I can do nothing of value without it.

The Passion Translation “… like a helmet to protect your thoughts from lies” (v. 17). Yes Lord! How quickly and readily my own thoughts distract me from Your Truth.

Protect me Lord. Build me. Use me. As only You know is best. Fully committed to loving and serving You.

I DO love You Lord. And I thank You. Continue Your life changing work in me. Moment by moment. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(431 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment