Tuesday, June 23, 2020

choosing what to think

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 (5:41 a.m.)

Holy God,


Starting off with another, “Thank You” seems rather trite and formulaic. I don’t ever want that to be the case.


It seems so long ago that I was first taught when words of praise escape me to begin by thanking You. And I do. So often.


Just like now, here again, “Thank You” pushes its way forward. There are whines and misgivings that come so readily. How much more eagerly do I offer You thanks and praise instead.


Yes Lord. Thank You.


Thank You for choices of where to put our focus. On the things that are going the way we want? Or on that which we find disagreeable.


Thank You for the smile that often accompanies the frustrations I seem to battle on such a regular basis. Thoughts come and go. Sometimes I have to look much harder to find the joy which I truly seek.

(7:07 a.m.)


Oh look! Here’s the smile and the laugh and the verse I didn’t know was going to remind me.


Romans 8:28. The Passion Translation says it beautifully. “So we are convinced that every detail of our lives is continually woven together to fit into God’s perfect plan of bringing good into our lives, for we are His lovers who have been called to fulfill His designed purpose.”


Father, thank You! Truly. Thank You.


Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Sharing Your love as You would have me share. Freely. Without restriction.


I love You. And I believe You will continue Your work in helping me to choose life (Deuteronomy 30:19) and thinking in my heart (Proverbs 23:7) as You would have me.


Thank You God. I love You. Amen.

(297 words ~ 7:25 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment