Tuesday, December 3, 2019

therefore


Tuesday, December 3, 2019 (5:22 a.m.)
Holy God,

Mopey. Sulky. Down in the dumps. I learned from yesterday Father. Just tell You straight off like it is. Yes. Thank You that we can be this honest with You.

Mm. Yes. Honest.
(6:17 a.m.)
Let’s try this again. Yes. Let’s.

You are good. All the time (Psalm 118:1). I am not.

No. Many times I resemble Paul’s struggle with sin (Romans 7:14-25).

And here comes the most genuine “Hallelujah!” I could offer You. Yes, Father. Hallelujah, thank You God.

Just as I was falling deeper into that “wah wah wah” train of thought, Your Truth reminded me. ♪There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus♪ (Romans 8:1).

Here again I get to choose. Continue attempting to avoid my feelings? Or confess them to You. Yes Father. You know them anyway. Why not just say it straight out?

I feel frustrated Lord. There is so much sadness. So many seemingly random things popping up to skew our thinking.

Again I maintain, You are good Lord. All the time. Thank You God.

Now, back to me choosing to pay more attention to Romans 8:1 than to Paul’s admitted baffling behavior (J.B. Phillips New Testament).

I can sit here and list all of the things I consider unfair and not right. OR I can decide to breathe and smile and let Your Word remind me. You are not going to find me guilty.

And this is where I confess to continuing to judge myself harshly (Matthew 7:1). Every single time I fret instead of praise, recoil rather than rejoice I feel my own fickle finger of condemnation wagging in my face.

Yes Father. More often than I care to admit, I am harder on myself than anyone else could ever be.

Forgive me Lord. For every time I withdraw instead of entering into Your gates with thanksgiving in my heart and Your courts with praise (Psalm 100:4). Yes Lord.

Continue Your work in me. I love You. I need You. I want to truly rejoice and be glad (Psalm 118:24). In You. With You. By, through and for You. Yes Lord. It IS all about You. Thank You for reminding and freeing me to remember Your Truth.

Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Use me. Amen.
(398 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment