Sunday, December 15, 2019

The Shepherds' Candle


Sunday, December 15, 2019 (5:24 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You so much. Thank You for hope. And preparation. And now joy. Mm, yes Father. Thank You for joy.

The third Sunday in Advent. The Shepherds’ Candle. Joy. 

Thank You that I get to learn more about symbols and traditions. Thank You for Your Truth. And the miracles found therein.

Yes Lord. The more I read, the more I want to know. REALLY know of all You have planned for each of us.

Thank You that You know what those plans are. Plans for good and not for evil. Plans for a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

This morning I am here reading about The Shepherds and Angles (Luke 2:8-20). Mm, yes. Exactly as You had designed. Fear giving way to joy.

The more I read, the more I am reminded and agree. Often we are so familiar with the miraculous story of Christ’s birth that we become easily distracted. Even bored by the monotony. Ack! Forgive me Lord.

How dare I consider all that You did, all that You are, as boring.

(10:18 a.m.)
Yes Father. Forgive me.

Having just listened to this morning’s message from church concerning Jesus’ teachings to His disciples (Matthew 13:31-58 “A Treasure, A Pearl”) I am encouraged to be reminded that I am “of great value” to You, Dear God. Thank You for uplifting me so often in so many ways.

Now, back to the Shepherds and the Angels. Luke 2:8-12, The Message. An Event for Everyone.“There were sheepherders camping in the neighborhood. They had set night watches over the sheep. Suddenly, God’s angel stood among them and God’s glory blazed around them. They were terrified. The angel said, ‘Don’t be afraid. I’m here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide’.”

Yes God! “Good news of great joy for everyone!” Oh how we thank You Lord.

This morning I ask You to continue Your work in empowering me to live joyfully in the freedom Your love provides. Do all You must to this end.

I love You Lord. And I thank You for all the Shepherds’ Candle represents, fear giving way to joy. Thank You Lord. I love You. Use me as You know is best. Amen.
(386 words ~ 10:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment