Friday, December 6, 2019

such a funny husband


Friday, December 6, 2019 (2:24 a.m.)
Good very early morning Lord,

Thank You for such a funny husband. Yes Lord. Such a funny husband.

You know the guy. The one who usually tells me how easy it is to “just go to sleep.” Yes. That guy.

He’s the one who has us up, drinking coffee at this most unusually early hour. What a funny guy. Thank You God.

Yes. Thank You. Thank You for the work You have done in each of us through the years. Bringing us repeatedly to Your Word. Learning more of how You would have us treat each other. With respect and love.

Mm. Yes Father. Respect. And love.

That’s what has us staying closer to home today. You guided me with that undeniable insistence that I follow his lead (Ephesians 5:21-33). And may I just say, “Whoa!” right here?

This is one of those times that we’ve come to regard as “such a God thing.” There I was, dead set on keeping a long-standing commitment for the day. And seemingly out of nowhere You changed my whole heart.

Spirit-Guided Relationships: Wives and Husbands That’s exactly what happened here. And it’s not the first time.

All those [more than 25] years ago You had me put Your Word into action. It’s just now that I recognize it for what it is. Illustrated Bible Handbook spells it out quite clearly. “In the marriage relationship, the wife is called on to take the lead in submissiveness, not by mindless or grudging obedience, but as a special ministry to her husband.”

That’s it! What it’s been since the first time I said out loud, “You lead. I’ll follow.” A special ministry that You have empowered and enabled me to embrace from the get go.

Thank You Lord. Thank You that through the years You have continued Your work in us. Trial and error have brought us to where he is far more ready to provide the leadership that our household needs to grow. In You.

If that means throwing caution to the wind and starting our day at 1:30 in the morning, so be it. Use us this day Lord. Exactly as You know is best. Funny, funny husband and all.

I love You. I thank You. I trust You. I need You. I want You. Amen.

(395 words ~ 3:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment