Thursday, December 19, 2019

sitting silently


Thursday, December 19. 2019 (4:56 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Thank You Lord. Sleep did NOT come easily last night. There was a lot of time to think. Thank You that somewhere along the line I was able to drift off.

Yes Father, this morning I want to thank You for the simple things. The mundane. The everyday events we so often take for granted.

Like yesterday, while in the midst of intense frustration when I remembered about sitting silently for one minute. Holy God, I am usually prone to cursing my way around annoyance. Thank You for reminding me of Your much better way.

Hmm. I hadn’t thought of this before. Sitting silently and affirming who I am in You are actually biblical. “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). And I put it into practice yesterday. Almost automatically. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the smiles and songs that pour forth every time I relax into You. Choosing to rejoice and be delighted still takes effort on my part. Ah, but what joy is the benefit!

Mm, yes. What joy indeed. Father, thank You for the joy that springs up in the most unexpected places.

Yesterday, while dealing with one initial irritation another potential problem presented itself. After sitting silently with You I became keenly aware of the gift of faith we have. Choosing to believe You to be good and all Your promises to be true opens us up to an untold amount of blessings. Thank You Father.

Yes. Thank You for Your gift of faith. Which can lead us to forgiveness. Then freedom. And ultimately fun. Faith. Forgiveness. Freedom. Fun. Glorifying You and enjoying You forever.

This is what I am asking this morning Lord. That I will truly come to glorify and enjoy You forever, as is Your plan.

Continue Your mighty work in, with, by, through and for me I pray. I love You and call on Your most holy name in the lives of our loved ones. ♪Holy Spirit You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory God is what our hearts long for To be overcome by Your presence Lord♪

Yes Father. Yes!

♪There’s nothing worth more that will ever come close No thing can compare You’re our living hope Your presence Lord I’ve tasted and seen of the sweetest of loves Where my heart becomes free and my shame is undone♪

Praise You God. You help us sing. Smile. Stay our minds and stand firmly on Your Truth and promises.

Take this day. Using it and me exactly as You know is best. For Your glory and the good of others. I love You Father. I’m Yours. Thank You. Amen.

(460 words ~ 6:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment