Tuesday, December 3, 2019

intervention


Monday, December 2, 2019 (5:21 a.m.)
Holy God,

I have so many thoughts.
(6:04 a.m.)
And they’ve yet to be praiseworthy.

Work in me Lord. 
(1:30 p.m.)
And You do. Thank You Lord.

Yes. Thank You that even [especially?] when I’m seemingly intent on avoiding You, You intervene on my behalf. Yes Father, You definitely have Your way of bringing my attention back here with You where it so rightly belongs.
(3:06 p.m.)

Thank You Father. Thank You for providing the smiles I wasn’t able to manufacture on my own. Even with the most glorious sunrise we’ve seen in months!

Thank You for the help of other people’s thoughts and words. Their detailed explanations of You working in and with, by, through and for them. Yes Lord. Other people who are willing to share their own experience, strength and hope. Thank You Father.

Thank You for Your abundant, life-giving Word. Thank You that You love us so much that You sent Your very own Son to live and teach and die and live again all so we can live forever with You (John 3:16).

You are such a good, good Father! It’s Who You are. Thank You for intervening on each of our behalves. Thank You for not leaving me alone in my doldrums, but getting my attention back on You where it needs to be.

I love You Father. Thank You for Who and All You are. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Amen.
(258 words ~ 3:40 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment