Friday, December 27, 2019

positive example


Friday, December 27, 2019 (4:16 a.m.)
Most Blessed, Holy God,

I behaved badly yesterday. Quite witchlike. Forgive me I pray.

Situations weren’t to my liking. Frustration set in. I grumbled. Growled. “Grew horns” as my mom may have once said. Mm. Another mom memory.

We’ve been getting those a lot recently. The whole family actually. Thank You for such a positive example of one who was truly so loved.

Here’s a pleasant surprise for me to consider, her as an older woman of whom Paul wrote to Titus (2:4). Such “a positive example, showing them [young women] what it is to love their husbands and children, and…”

What a great place for me to be turning in Your Word this morning. Thank You Father. How I long to be this positive example of which Paul wrote.

Verse 3. “And here’s what I want you to teach the older women: Be respectful. Steer clear of gossip or drinking too much so that you can teach what is good to young women. Be a positive example,… teaching them to control themselves in every way and to be pure. Train them to manage the household, to be kind, and to be submissive to their husbands, all of which honor the Word of God” (v. 5).

That is what I wish Father. That I would come to honor You. Make it so in my being Blessed God. In my thoughts, words and actions. Let the love I have for You show through to others.

Yes most blessed God and Father, continue Your work in me. Weeding out all that is not pleasing to You. I long to be authentic. The woman You created me to be. One who loves as You would have me love. Wholly. With all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30-31).

Do all You must to this end Blessed Lord. Yes. All You know is best.

Be with us this day. In every way possible. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(337 words ~ 5:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment