Friday, December 20, 2019

our Shepherd


Friday, December 20, 2019 (5:07 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. And thank You.

Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your plan. Thank You for Your perfection. Thank You for who and all You are.
(5:27 a.m.)

And here I sit. Smiling, as I find myself finally remembering You as our Shepherd (Psalm 23:1). This, the Advent week of the Shepherd, and I hadn’t yet put it together.

Thank You  Father. Yes. Thank You for yet another delightful surprise. Or is it more aptly a surprising delight? Either way, thank You Lord.

Thank You for the opportunity of reading more. Learning additionally. Considering Truths I have overlooked through the years.

Father, I confess to having known this beloved Psalm for so many years I rarely give it its due any more. Thank You for leading me 

And just like that [snap!] there is music singing within. Not knowing the first word [turns out to be “Savior”] all I have is ♪_____, like a Shepherd Lead Us♪ Yes Lord. Thank You for leading me easily to the hymn and it’s referenced Bible verse. John 10:3. Jesus, The Good Shepherd.

How have I missed this all this week? Thank You for bringing me to it now.

Yes Father. Thank You for reminding me over and over that You are our Shepherd. We don’t have to be afraid (Deuteronomy 20:1).

I have words I want to write out for others this morning. Notes of encouragement, as well as thanks. I am asking You to guide and direct my heart, soul, mind and the pen as I strive to get my point across.

Blessed Holy God, thank You for being our Shepherd. As well as our “Best Friend” (The Passion Translation).

Yes Lord. ♪Savior, like a Shepherd Lead Us, Much we need Thy tender care; In Thy pleasant pastures feed us, For our use Thy folds prepare♪ Mm, yes. Do all You must in readying us for Your glory and the good of others.

Father, I love, trust, need, want and praise You this morning. Here I’m asking You to lead, guide, direct and completely encompass us that we would live this day in, with, by, through and for You. Exactly as You know is best. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.
(386 words ~ 6:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment