Monday, December 9, 2019

latching on


Monday, December 9, 2019 (6:06 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You that I get to come before You exactly as I am. Thank You for Your Truth. And Your Word. And Your promises.

Thank You that this morning I am latching on to the Truth of who I am in You. Psalm 139:14, “I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”

Oh, amen. Amen! Your wonderful works, Lord. “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb” (v. 13).

Thank You Father. Thank You that at this particular time of year You would have me considering that “You even formed every bone in my body when You created me in the secret place, carefully, skillfully shaping me from nothing to something” (15).

You are amazing God. Your works are awesome. And I am one of them. Thank You Lord.

As I prepare to get started with this day I am asking You to guide and direct me along the path You have set out for me. Yes Father here I latch on to You, Your Truth, Your glorious and victorious right hand.

Mm, yes Dear Father. I get to rejoice in the fact that “Your right hand, O LORD, is glorious in power. Your right hand, O LORD, dashes the enemy to pieces” (Exodus 15:6).

Because You so loved the world (John 3:16) we each get to take courage and ‘not be afraid, for You are with us’ (Isaiah 41:10a). You spoke to Your people through Isaiah, saying “Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand” (10b-e).

Yes. Yes, Lord. I am latching on to You with the hope I find in Your promises. Be in, with, by, through and for me this day. Guiding and directing every single step and decision I make.

Let me resemble David as “I hear the Lord saying, ‘I will stay close to you, instructing and guiding you along the pathway for your life. I will advise you along the way and lead you forth with my eyes as your guide. So don’t make it difficult; don’t be stubborn when I take you where you’ve not been before. Don’t make me tug you and pull you along. Just come with me!’” (Psalm 32:8-9).

Oh yes Blessed God. How I love latching on to You. Use me exactly as You know is best this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(444 words ~ 7:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment