Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Psalm 4


Tuesday, December 10, 2019 (5:30 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. Thank You for sleep. Yes! Thank You for restful, sound sleep.

Thank You for the work that was done yesterday which probably led to such good, solid sleep. What contentment I find in You oh Lord. Thank You.

Searching Your Word concerning sleep, I am drawn especially to Psalm 4:8. Thank You Lord. Yes. Thank You.

There is a peacefulness about me this morning. A genuine calm and sense of well-being. Thank You Father. I know it all comes from You.

This morning I am again willing to follow Your lead. Asking You to guide and direct my thoughts, words, emotions and actions.

You are such a good, good Father, Lord. And I long to be Your good, good daughter.

I have the Truth of Your Word. Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us this of “Psalm 4. David’s experience when crushed by troubles (1-2) shows that prayer brings confidence (3), restored faith (4-5), and a present experience of peace (6-8).”

How blessed are we? The more we need, the more You provide. Perfectly. Thank You Father.

All I did this morning was thank You for such good sleep and here I am ready to burst from the excitement [AGOG-ness] of all I’m learning. Each rendering of Psalm 4 drawing me in deeper. Eagerly.

It is absolutely the mercy and grace in Christ’s abiding love that surrounds us Lord. His peace. The hope we have in Your loving care. You give us courage. Strength. A genuine sense of shalom!

Yes Father. It is in You we find wholeness. Completeness. Soundness. Well-being. Safety. Prosperity. Peace. Harmony. And tranquility. Thank You Father.

The more I read, the more deeply I experience Your sense of calm. Popular music from my youth keep singing through. Songs I didn’t usually associate with You. Now You’re all I think of!

♪People Get Ready, there’s a train a comin’♪

♪Get Ready ‘cause here I come♪

♪Love and Happiness♪

You provide it all Father. It’s in You I hope. You I long to follow. Your Son for Whom we are preparing. Do all You must in, with, my, through and for us to this end Dear Lord.

We love You. We trust You. We need You. We want You. And we ask You Dearest Dad, do all You know is best. Thank You for loving us so incredibly much. Amen.
(409 words ~ 7:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment