Tuesday, December 17, 2019

because of a song


Tuesday, December 17, 2019 (5:37 a.m.)
Thank You Father,

I have a smile. Because of a song that wouldn’t leave. Yes Father, I’m here with You right now singing snippets of ♪Angles We Have Heard on High♪ because I couldn’t push it away.

Singing. Smiling. Staying my mind on You. And standing on the Truth of Your Word. Thank You Father. Thank You for the ways You speak to us. Getting our attention. Calling us deeper.

Reading about the above mentioned hymn and the meaning of its choral refrain, again I settle in with You and Your promises. ♪Glo - - - ria in excelsis Deo♪ is Latin for “Glory to God in the Highest”, the first line of the song Your angels sang to the shepherds (Luke 2:14).

Thank You Father. Every single time I think I know so much You remind me of the many things I have never considered. This morning it’s digging deeper into Your mighty and powerful love for each and every one of us (1 John 4:7-21).

Look, another smile. Reading The Life Recovery Bible comment in Luke 2:8-12 I am thrilled at the thought that others need to be reminded to not be afraid. Yes Lord. You accept us. And want to communicate with us. You are with us and for us.

Thank You that I get to hear songs, whether internally or externally, and bring them to You. This morning I am smiling deeply because I couldn’t stop the singing of this favored hymn. Thank You Lord.

Thank You for the deep reminder that it’s solely because of Jesus that we get to love and not be afraid. You love us that much!

Blessed, Holy, Father God, I ask You to use Your love in, with, by, through and for me this day. Provide my every need exactly as You know is best. Do all You must in changing my heart, soul, mind and strength that I will truly come to love You and others (Mark 12:30-31) as You desire.

You are good Father. You are holy. You are loving. Kind. Perfect. I want to be like You. Thank You for sending us Jesus. Use me. I love You. Amen.

(374 words ~ 6:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment