Sunday, December 22, 2019

love / joy


Sunday, December 22, 2019 (5:18 a.m.)
Love. Joy.

Words I just overheard. Actually combined as a last name. Father, thank You. Such a smile it brought to my mind.

love/joy
(5:44 a.m.)
And now tears.

Holy God,

Guide me this morning. Deeply into Your Word.

2 Corinthians 6:1-10. New Covenant Ministry Exemplified Servanthood (Illustrated Bible Handbook). Oh Lord what an incredible example is the apostle Paul’s love for You.

Forgive me the things I take for granted. Creature comforts. Your call, and my hesitancy, to serve others. Love. Joy.

Mm, yes Father. You provide us so much. Our every single need. I long to glorify and enjoy You. Exactly as You have designed.

Reading the above passage, my heart is repeatedly pierced. Verses 1 and 2, “As God’s partners, we beg you not to reject [don’t squander] this marvelous message of God’s great kindness. For God says, ‘At just the right time, I heard you. The day you needed me, I was there to help.’ Indeed, God is ready to help you right now. Today is the day of salvation” (New Living Translation; The Message).

Holy, holy God. I read Your Word and am encouraged. Paul relates his experiences and I am filled with hope. Father thank You.

Verse 4, “In everything we do we try to show that we are true ministers of God. We patiently endure troubles and hardships and calamities of every kind.” Thank You for his willingness to serve You Father. Through it all.

No sooner thought, the music started singing to me. ♪Through it all, through it all My eyes are on You Through it all, through it all It Is Well…♪ Paul exemplifies the Truth of this song.

He detailed having been beaten, jailed, mobbed. Working hard, late and without eating. Yet he remained, by the power of the Holy Spirit, “with pure heart, clear head, steady hand; in gentleness, holiness and honest love” (v. 6).

Father, I am in awe. Detailing his sufferings and hardships, Paul didn’t waver. “… when we’re telling the truth, and when God’s showing His power; when we’re doing our best setting things right; when we’re praised, and when we’re blamed; slandered, and honored; true to our word, though distrusted; ignored by the world, but recognized by God; terrifically alive, though rumored to be dead; beaten within an inch of our lives, but refusing to die; immersed in tears, yet always filled with deep joy” (7-10a).

Circumstances don’t lead to joy. Love for and dependence on You is where we start. Love. Joy. Yes please Father.

Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me Father that I will come to love and live joy exactly as You would have me. Leading, enabling and empowering me every step of the way.

I love You God. And I thank You. Oh, how I thank You Lord. Use me. Amen.

(486 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment