Thursday, December 5, 2019

late to the party


Thursday, December 5, 2019 (5:17 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. I love the ways You help me remember things. Often in the dead of night. Thank You.

I confess to coming late to Your Advent party. Earlier in the week my thoughts and heart weren’t yet ready to embrace this current season.

It didn’t readily occur to my senses that in my feeble attempt to refuse getting caught up in the well honed spending frenzy developed by marketers I was also turning down Your invitation to celebrate the coming and ultimate birth of Your Son. Forgive me Father.

I admit the tug I have felt to trust You. It seems that was when I dug my heels in even deeper to avoid again surrendering to Your will and to Your way. Thank You for once more being willing to let me see the errors of my ways.

I remember writing notes to myself at the end of our last Christmas season. Short little reminders of how we want this year’s holiday to play out. “Desire to Please God this Christmas” heads the list.

Thank You Father. Thank You for forethought. And forgiveness. Thank You that You are so good. Always.

This IS the Season of Advent! Ready or not, it’s here. And the smile I am finally wearing truly begins deep in my heart. And soul. Even my mind is ready, and willing to finally: “Anticipate Delightful Surprises!!”

I had forgotten all about putting things away so randomly earlier this year that I knew I would need to be reminded. Again, thank You for being Who and All You are!

The two words I woke up with just earlier are trust and believe. How perfectly they tie in with the Advent word for this week. HOPE! Yes Blessed God. Hope. In You.

Thank You for never ceasing to change our hearts, O God. Yes! Making them ever true. ♪Change my heart, O God, May I be like You. You are the Potter, I am the clay; Mold me and make me, This is what I pray♪ (Psalm 51:10). Thank You Lord.

Thank You for reminding me of the importance of pinning our hope on You. Mm. Yes. Hope.

Father, I am asking You for a word everyday. Yes Lord. Your Word! Hope. Faith. Trust. Belief. Expectation. Keep my focus solely on You.

♪Be Thou My Vision, O Lord of my heart; Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art - Thou my best thought, by day or by night, Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light. Be Thou my Wisdom and Thou my true Word; I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord; Thou my great Father, I Thy true son [daughter!] Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one♪

Oh yes most blessed God! The more I sing of these verses the stronger the pull toward You.

♪Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise, Thou mine inheritance, now and always; Thou and Thou only, first in my heart, High King of heaven, my treasure Thou art♪

The corresponding Scripture verse here is Philippians 3:7. Thank You Father. Thank You for Paul’s honesty. His willingness to consider his past accomplishments as worthless reminds us of the importance of putting our hope in the power offered by Jesus.

Thank You Father. Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. I love You. I need You. I want You. I trust You. I hope in You. Thank You Lord. Amen.
(583 words ~ 6:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment