Sunday, December 29, 2019

"Jesus."


Sunday, December 29, 2019 (7:06 a.m.)
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Blessed God,

I called out to You the other day. Repeatedly.

“Oh, Lord God. O Lord God. Lord God. Lord. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus…” I was afraid. Icy roads. Unfamiliar experiences. “Jesus” said it all. Yes. Thank You.

Thank You for the comfort I found in so saying.
(7:58 a.m.)

Yes Father. Comfort. Peace. An overall feeling of doing something when there was absolutely nothing else I could possibly do. Lord, You keep teaching me.

Just being inclined to say that one word. That one name. “Jesus.” Now it makes me wonder, when I am frustrated, misunderstood, nearly at the end of any rope by which I may be hanging, is calling out Your name acceptable?

Hit myself with a hammer? “Jesus!” Radical dispute with another. “Jesus.” Not as a source of profanity. No! As a heartfelt invitation for You to enter into whatever the situation may be at that time.

Lord, I am learning so many different ways of looking at things I’ve always perceived as being one way. Only to find out that maybe they aren’t.

Here I ask You to love and guide me. Take me deeper into Your best for us.

We are finishing up another year. One of big mistakes and even bigger solutions. A year of changing directions and settling in to looking for all You have for us. Lord, I ask You to continue Your work in us.

Looking for the song [Forever Reign] with the phrase ♪My heart will sing No other name♪ I came upon one that is brand new to me. ♪No Other Name♪ by Planetshakers.

♪The name of Jesus:
is greater
is stronger
is high above all things
is bigger
has power
brings healing
brings freedom
is victory
has saved me♪

Oh God yes! How true are these words.

♪There’s just something about the name of Jesus… Jesus, name above all names Healer, the One who takes all pain Saviour, risen from the grave Your name is Jesus, Lord over all Jesus, Jesus, Jesus No other name No other name like Jesus…♪

Blessed God, how I ask You to continue making this my go to word of praise and petition. Every single time You know I need You, let me remember to call upon Your great and glorious name.

Thank You Jesus. For coming into this world to save us (John 3:17). For loving. For teaching. For sacrificing. Dying. And coming back. Thank You for Your promise to come again (Revelation 22:20a).

The more I read, the more I hope. The more I hope, the more I pray. The more I pray, the shorter the prayer. “Jesus.” It says it all. You know our every single need. It is to You I turn. In You I trust.

I love You. I need You. I trust You. I want You. I ask You, “Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20b). Yes! Come, Lord Jesus, come! Thank You. Amen.
(492 words ~ 8:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment