Saturday, December 14, 2019

"something worthwhile"


Saturday, December 14, 2019 (6:04 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You for so very many things. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. Your Son. His love. And teachings.

Proverbs 31:25. “Bold power and glorious majesty are wrapped around her as she laughs with joy over the latter days.” The Passion Translation.

(6:37 a.m.)

Sitting here in near darkness, Lord I ask You to lead and guide our time together this morning. Direct my thinking, reading and this prayer.

Looking again at A Wife of Noble Character (Proverbs 31:10-31) I am drawn once more to the prospect of being “clothed with strength and dignity, and laugh[ing] with no fear of the future” (v. 25). Thank You Lord that we have this example of such ideal standards.

Thank You too for calling us to ‘accept ourselves for who we are and commit to allowing You to transform us more and more into Your likeness’ (The Life Recovery Bible comment). Yes. Thank You God.

While truly acknowledging the desires I have of being strong and fair, this morning I happened to read down one line more than usual. Verse 26, “When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions.”

Oh Father God, yes please! How I long to be one who “speaks something worthwhile and always says it kindly” (The Message). Yes Father!

Clothe me in Your joyful strength and dignity. And provide for me the “sensible words and thoughtful advice” You would have me share with others.

I love You Father. I need and want You. I ask and thank You. I prepare and wait for You Dearest God.

Thank You for the love You give so freely. Continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me that I will share Your love well with others. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(317 words ~ 7:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment