Monday, July 1, 2019

awed and reverent


Monday, July 1, 2019 (6:12 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You that You are so good. Thank You that You know the plans You have for us. Plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

Thank You Father that as we consider Who You are and All You do in our lives and on our behalf we get to be awed and reverent. Lord, I honestly don’t know where these thoughts are coming from. This is not the prayer I had planned.

My plan was to return again to Romans 12:12. Exploring Your call for us to be patient, persistent and prayerful. Oh look. A smile!

Just as I was preparing to ask You to guide me in our time together, The Living Bible speaks. “Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and prayerful always” (Romans 12:12). You know the plans You have for us!

Reading further in Jeremiah, I am reminded that when we pray, You will listen (v. 12). We will find You when we seek You (13) “if you look for Me in earnest.” And here’s another smile.

Father, I practiced patience and prayerfulness yesterday. Irritation came upon me in an instant and I was immediately set to build my case. Then the reminder to be patient. Not quit. Pray. And I did.

Holy God, I was absolutely amazed by the peacefulness that settled in my being as I released my will to Yours. I remember being determined to get my point across until Your Word came into my mind. That’s when my mental conversation became audible.

All my selfish willfulness came to an end as I asked You aloud the point You would have me make. Again I was awed [my own spelling being odd] and reverent!

The Passion Translation (Romans 12:11-12) “Be enthusiastic to serve the Lord, keeping your passion toward Him boiling hot! Radiate with the glow of the Holy Spirit and let Him fill you with excitement as You serve Him. Let this hope burst forth within you, releasing a continual joy. Don’t give up in a time of trouble, but commune with God at all times.”

Full disclosure; I did NOT remember all these beautifully crafted words. No. I had only four. “Be patient and pray.” Holy God, let this become my go to mantra.

We will find You when we seek You, if we look for You in earnest (Jeremiah 29:13). You will provide for us the patience, persistence and prayerfulness we need in relinquishing our will to Yours.

I love You Father. I thank You. And I ask You to use me this day, exactly as You know is best. In awe and reverence. Thanks Dad. I love you. Amen.

(473 words ~ 7:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment