Saturday, July 13, 2019

"grateful reflection"


Saturday, July 13, 2019 (5:45 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You for hard work. Thank You for clean results. Thank You for a husband so willing to put in the effort to make others happy.

Yes Father. Thank You for all the work You have poured into changing us into the people You would have us be. People who want to celebrate the births of our much loved ones.

I believe this will be a day of reflection Lord. Finding the words “grateful reflection” in Psalm 63 (The Message) I sit here truly reflecting on the awe and wonder You provide. Thank You Father.

Yes. Thank You for the opportunity to come before You, once again believing I belong in the good company of those who have gone before me. In this case David. As he reflected on You in the wilderness of Judah.

Illustrated Bible Handbook presents “Psalm 63. Close relationship with God brings the believer to the place of praise and joy.” That was me last night.

As tired as we were, sleep wasn’t coming easily to me. Then I started listing all the things You have done for us. Before I knew it, here I am. Reflecting again on Your provision.

Oh look! The thought of the meaning of a word making me smile again. Yes Father, how I thank You for the love You have provided me for the origin of words.

provide ORIGIN: from Latin pro- before+ videre to see’. Just like I thought!

And we’re back to Psalm 63:6-8. The Message version of David’s words tells us, “If I’m sleepless at midnight, I spend the hours in grateful reflection. Because You’ve always stood up for me, I’m free to run and play. I hold on to You for dear life, and You hold me steady as a post.”

Thank You Father. These words are so true for me.

New Living Translation says, “I lie awake thinking of You, meditating on You through the night. I think how much You have helped me; I sing for joy in the shadow of Your protecting wings.”

It’s true Lord! I resemble David’s heart-filled words. Thank You that I get to recognize this Truth.

On this day of grateful reflection I thank You for the birth of the loved ones we will be celebrating today. Knowing, believing, trusting that You are at the very root of our joy. Thank You Father. Use us exactly as You know is best.

Thank You. Praise You. We love You. Amen.
(425 words ~ 6:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment