Tuesday, July 30, 2019

rhythmic


Monday, July 22, 2019 (6:53 a.m. MDT)
Tia’s 2nd Bedroom
Questa, NM
Holy God,

Thank You. Again.

Last night my plan was to “Argh!” at You first thing this morning. Getting to sleep seemed impossible. The wind howled and things went bump. Thoughts swirled. Breathing slowed. And finally became rhythmic.

That seemed to be the answer. Rhythmic breathing. Remembering to “always revere God’s holiness”. Giving in. Letting go. Thank You God. Yes. Thank You.

I get to sit here. Surrounded by the family I was blessed by marrying into. Encompassed with the love You have provided since before time began.

Reading Your Word. Thinking. Considering. Pondering. Treasuring. Yes Father. Thank You for teaching us to treasure these precious moments.

Yes God. Once again I follow my thoughts into Your Word and am blessed. Settled. The apostle Paul wrote to the believers in Ephesus. Encouraging them in their relationship with You and each other.

The Life Recovery Bible intro refers to You as “the only solid foundation for healthy living.” Amen!

Seeing and believing You to be exactly all You are, it seems only natural to always revere Your holiness. Especially when the winds howl and things go bump in the night.

It’s The Message that has me again looking at the unity we are to have in Your body. We aren’t to all look or speak or act the same (Ephesians 4:7). No. You created us far more individually than that.

“We have been gifted in ways that make us necessary to others. Others have been gifted in ways that make them necessary to us” (4:7-16 comment). Here, again, I ask You to teach me to use the gifts Your have provided me.

“Out of the generosity of Christ, each of us is given his own gift… He handed out gifts above and below, filled heaven with His gifts, filled earth with His gifts… gifts of apostle, prophet, evangelist, and pastor-teacher to train Christ’s followers in skilled servant work, working within Christ’s body, the church, until we’re all moving rhythmically and easily with each other, efficient and graceful in response to God’s Son, fully mature adults, fully developed within and without, fully alive like Christ.”

Holy God, what would that look like? Being fully mature, developed and alive? Oh yes! Sign us up to move rhythmically and easily with each other!

Father, I do thank You. I love You. I need You. I want You. I trust You. And I ask You to do all You must in making us the people You would have us be. Fully alive like Christ! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(439 words ~ 7:11 a.m. MDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment