Thursday, July 4, 2019

"let love govern all"


Wednesday, July 3, 2019 (6:11 a.m.)
Holy God,

Again I say thank You. Thank You for smiles. And singing.

I had trouble sleeping last night. Hours of trying different things and finally I remembered to pray. Thank You Father. It was in the praying I remembered a song we sang in church on Sunday. ♪ Close ♪

♪ In the arms of the Father There is love like no other… I wanna be close to You I wanna be close to You There’s nothing in this world That compares to all You are ♪ That is truly the last thing I remember.

Thank You God. Thank You that You love us so much. You ♪ Who formed all things Offer(s) love to me Where You go we will follow Through the dark, through the narrow And in all we do We are bound to You ♪

Mm, yes Father. We are bound to You!

And there is much scheduled to do today. That’s part of my thinking late into the night. All there is to be done and the mistakes I’ve already made in the doing of some of it.

Thank You Lord that You do not keep a list of our failings. Help me in letting go of mine.

♪ We are found in Your presence Seeking You in Your fullness Give us eyes to see You are all we need… My sole devotion My only focus To worship You My life surrendered My heart abandoned For more of You ♪

Blessed Holy God, there are so many things I do not know. Details about things. Really deep things of which I have absolutely no knowledge.

I get ideas. Make plans. Attempt to execute. Fail miserably. Completely forgetting the essence of Romans 12:12. Patience. Persistence. Prayerfulness.

Oh, but look at this new to me translation! [And the smile accompanying it!]

Evangelical Heritage Version, “Be joyful in hope. Endure trials patiently. Persist in prayer.” Yes Father. Please.

I need You here with me this day. In me. By me. For and through me. Get me out of Your way. Leading, guiding. Truly shining Your light forth.

♪ I wanna be close to You… There’s nothing in this world that compares to all You are ♪

There is so very much to do around here. And right in the midst of my own mental list making, again Your Word speaks Truth.

Verse 13, “Share with the saints who are in need. Be quick to welcome strangers as guest.” Do this for me Father. In me. With me. By me. Through me.

Continue working Your Word into actual existence this day. And right here verse 11 shouts out to me.

Various translations. Each with its own unique spin. 

The Passion Translation, “Be enthusiastic to serve the Lord, keeping your passion toward Him boiling hot! Radiate with the glow of the Holy Spirit and let Him fill you with excitement as you serve Him.” Yes please! That.

And very simply from the New Living Translation, “Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.” Yes Father. The smile just keeps growing bigger. It’s YOU I’m serving through all we do.

What a beautiful section of Scripture (12:9-21) You keep bringing me back to. Reminding me of the importance of YOUR Sincere Love. Continue Your work in me this day Blessed Lord.

You, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the only ONE that can bring all of Your Truth about in, with, by, through and for. Do all You must. Exactly as You know is best.

I love You so much. I look to You. Depend on You. Trust You in teaching me to “let love govern all” (The Life Recovery Bible comment) my attitudes and actions. Love. Your love. Yes Father. Please.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(629 words ~ 7:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment