Wednesday, July 17, 2019

choosing God


Wednesday, July 17, 2019 (6:24 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You that You are good. Thank You that You provide us with choices. Mm. And the greatest of these is You. Choosing You.

Thank You that as I turned to search Your Word, I was taken directly to the verses I woke up considering. Deuteronomy 30:19. Choices. Life. Death. Blessings. Curses. And then? Verse 20. Loving You.

Oh praise You Father! Thank You that we get to read and consider various translations of Your directions and promises. Each saying the same thing in a different way. A variety of words used to paint Your same Truth. Thank You Lord.

We get to “Choose to love the Lord your God and to obey Him and to cling to Him” (The Living Bible). “… love Jehovah thy God, to hearken to His voice, and to cleave to Him” (Young’s Literal Translation). “… love the Eternal your God and listen to His voice and always remain loyal to Him” (The Voice).

Holy God, it seems so simple. “Love. Obey. Cling.” Yes! Please. Make it so. I long to choose loving, obeying and holding fast to You; “for that means life…” (New Revised Standard Version).

Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. I love You. I need You. I want You. I trust You. I believe You. And I ask You to empower and embolden me with Your mighty strength (Ephesians 6:10, Complete Jewish Bible).

Yes Lord. Bless us. Keep us. Making us obedient to Your Holy Word and Truth. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.
(267 words ~ 7:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment