Wednesday, July 31, 2019

guided and enabled


Wednesday, July 24, 2019 (7:03 a.m. MDT)
Red River, NM

Again I thank You Lord. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your goodness. Your kindness. Your peace. Patience. Gentleness. Faithfulness. Self-control. And Your joy.

“Freedom to Live Love; (Galatians) 5:13-26. Illustrated Bible Handbook, “The Christian life, then, does not focus on rules but on relationship. Our goal is not to practice do’s and don’ts, but to love God, and to please the Holy Spirit who guides us and enables us from within.”

Guided and enabled. Blessed, Holy God, You provide us with everything we need to live love. That is my prayer this morning. “Living by the Spirit’s Power… But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, He will produce this kind of fruit in us: …” (Galatians 5:16-26).

And here (“insights INTO GOD’S WILL”, The Life Recovery Bible) I get to read of Your desires becoming our own desires as we submit our life to Your will. It all reads so simply, Lord. Do this. Get that result. Too often life seems so much harder than that.

Thank You Father that Your Word is true. Our nature may very well conflict with Your Truth. Thank You that we get to repeatedly choose You. Your will. Your way.

There are very loving decisions to be made today. Two places. Twelve miles apart. Only one me. Which do I choose? How do I decide?

I look to You Lord. Asking Your wisdom. Seeking Your guidance. Knocking on Your door of decision making expertise (Matthew 7:7). How would You have me best spend this final full day in this particular area of the Land of Enchantment?

Thank You Father that we do indeed get to keep looking to You. Thank You that You are without question our good, good Father.

Use me this day most Holy God. Exactly as You know is best. Loving You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). Singing. Smiling. Staying my mind. And stretching in accordance to Your will.

As I look to You most Holy God with all the love and joy You produce in us, I turn again to Jesus’ answer to the Pharisees concerning The Most Important Commandment (Matthew 22:34-40).

The Life Recovery Bible comment 22:33-40 describes Jesus simplifying our priorities by narrowing “the six hundred-plus regulations of the law of Moses into two foundational commandments: Love God with everything we are and have; love our neighbors as ourself. To do these is to obey every other law.”

Continue teaching me Father. Put my love for You and others far ahead of my own earthly desires. I long to serve and to please You Lord. Guide, empower and enable me to this end. Do all You must to make it so.

Thank You for Your love. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. I love You. Use me. Thank You. Amen.
(481 words ~ 8:24 a.m. MDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment