Sunday, July 7, 2019

choosing joy


Sunday, July 7, 2018 (6:13 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Praise You Lord. Yes Father, praise You!

Thank You that I get to look to You. Remember You. Praising and thanking You.

As I search more deeply into what it is to truly praise You, I am thrilled to read, “Choose to have the joy of the Lord and learn to praise God better. Realize that your joy, your confidence, and your hope come from the Lord!”

Joy. Confidence. Hope. Oh praise You Lord.

Blessed Father God, I believe I have a fairly good sense of what it is to thank You. Years ago I learned that we are to thank You for what You do and praise You for all You are. Teach me what this looks like Lord.

And here I get to turn to Exodus 15. A Song of Deliverance. A Song of Victory. Moses and the people of Israel singing Your praises after their escape through the Red Sea. You did a mighty miracle and they had faith to believe and follow You.

Verse 2, “The LORD is my strength and my song; He has become my victory. He is my God, and I will praise Him; He is my Father’s God, and I will exalt Him!” You are my personal victory Father. You are my God. I want very much to praise and exalt You.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for 15:1-21, “… Often the road to victory is not easy, but it is still worth it. There will be something to rejoice about in the end if we depend on God to help us through. When we have gained the victory, we need to stand up, sing, and rejoice, remembering God’s miracles on our behalf.”

As I prepare to go out into this day Lord, I ask You to go before, behind, beside, beneath, above and within me. Guiding me in praise. Joy. Confidence. And hope.

I love You Father. I need You. I want You. I thank You. And I long to praise You. Exactly as You deserve to be praised.

I choose You and all the joy You provide. Thank You God. Praise You! Use me. Amen.
(365 words ~ 7:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment