Thursday, July 4, 2019

life-changing power


Thursday, July 4, 2019 (5:32 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! You did a great work for me yesterday. I made some changes. Remembered some important lessons. Allowed You to get me out of Your way. At times.

Now I’m back. Asking for more of all You want to provide me. You are such a good and loving God. Thank You Father.

We get to turn to You. To Your Word. Searching Your Truth. Seeking Your promises.

Here’s one. Coming from Peter’s letter to all believers everywhere. “As we know Jesus better, His divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive His own glory and goodness!” (2 Peter 1:3).

The Life Recovery Bible tells us “Peter wanted his readers to experience the life-changing power of God”. Yes please Father. I long to experience Your life-changing power regularly. Not just once in a great while.

I pause right here to tell You that snippets of a song keep singing within me. I don’t have any idea how to search for it. If it matters to You at all, guide me to it.

A comment for 1:3-4 tells us, “One of the most comforting by products of faith is the simple awareness that we possess everything we need to live a full and meaningful life… The past is part of who we are, the future is securely in God’s hands, and today is filled with opportunities to grow in our understanding of love, forgiveness, truth, and grace!”

You provide everything we need to live this life as You know is best. I look to You to lead and guide me in sharing Your love and Your life-changing power.

Again I ask You to get me out of Your way. Being all You want to be in my life. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(320 words ~ 7:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment