Tuesday, July 30, 2019

more safe travels


Sunday, July 21, 2019 (6:06 a.m. MDT)
Albuquerque, NM
Holy God,

Thank You. Again. Safe travels. Mm, yes Father. You have provided us with safe travels once again.

And here I am, asking for even more. More safety. More joyous laughter. More of You in every instance.

I get to read of Your Spirit long ago coming upon Azariah, son of Oded (2 Chronicles 15:1) and of him going out to meet King Asa as he returned from battle (v. 2).

“‘Listen to me, Asa!’ He shouted. ‘Listen, all you people of Judah and Benjamin! The LORD will stay with you as long as you stay with Him! Whenever you seek Him, you will find Him. But if you abandon Him, He will abandon you’” (2).

The chapter continues describing Asa’s full commitment to You throughout his remaining life (v. 17). And the courage it took for him to go against the ways of idolatry that had become common place at that time.

Holy God, we are living in a time when our nation is in crisis. On so many different levels. Homelessness abounds. Addictions run rampant. Disrespect of authority, one another and ourselves seems to be at an all out high.

And I have the nerve to continue seeking more safe travels. Forgive me Father for not knowing how to supportively get involved. There seems to be such a fine line between “my business” and “none of my business”. Bridge that gap for me Father. As only You know is best.

Reading another Serenity Prayer devotional in The Life Recovery Bible, I ask You to provide all that is needed in our making the changes that You would have us make. “It takes courage to make the preparations necessary to allow God to change our life and our relationships in ways that support the recovery process.”

And how do we acquire that courage? By seeking and finding You.

I do seek You Father. I love You. And I ask You to do with, in, by, through and for each of us exactly as You know is best.

We love You and we ask all this in Jesus’ precious and holy name. Amen.

(370 words ~ 7:37 a.m. MDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment