Thursday, July 11, 2019

"in the middle of insanity"


Wednesday, July 10, 2019 (6:16 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. We experienced beauty and fellowship yesterday. In a beach setting. With dear and long time loved ones. Thank You Father for the love You provide that enables and empowers us to truly love one another.

Following the word fellowship over to 1 John 2:14, I marvel that the Truth our fellowship with You enables us in gaining a victory over the evil one. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the beauty and the joy that come from loving You wholeheartedly. In reading the surrounding verses I am reminded that we are to love one another (v. 7) not the world (16). Not as the world loves. Sometimes, like yesterday, that seems easy enough.

Then there’s today, while I’m reading along, again reminded of resentments and bitternesses I still hold toward others from the past. Wishing no specific ill will regarding anyone, I confess an absolute sense of indifference toward more than one. Forgive me Father.

It’s in The Life Recovery Bible under RECOVERY THEMES that I read The Invitation to Love. Describing an evidence of our salvation as being our love for others - “shown in action, not just words.” It goes on to say, “He [You] loved us while we were in the middle of insanity - we did not have to clean up our act to get Him [You] to love us.”

Thank You Father that You know Your best for each of us. And You remind us what that looks like. Here I ask You to replace the indifferent attitude I hold for some with Your incredible, all encompassing love.

Yes Father, You know what is best. And I ask You to provide as necessary. Thank You for loving us as only You can. Completely. In the middle of every insanity. Use me this day. Exactly as You wish.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(321 words ~ 7:36 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment