Friday, July 19, 2019

promised hope


Friday, July 19, 2019 (5:47 a.m.)
Oh Most Holy God,

How I thank You. For You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. The hope we have in You.
(6:26 a.m.)

Blessed Lord, I keep smiling. Reading. Hoping. Believing. Trusting.

I began at Hebrews 6:19. Seeking to know more about the hope we have in You. New Living Translation describes it as “This confidence [that] is like a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls.”

That only served to whet my appetite! I immediately wanted to learn more. More of Your hope bringing promises.

The Passion Translation paints a word picture that stirs my heart. Beginning at verse 17, “So in the same way [as people who swear an oath by something greater than themselves], God wanted to end all doubt and confirm it even more forcefully to those who would inherit His promises. His purpose was unchangeable, so God added His vow to the promise.”

You are Trustworthy. Caring. Faithful.

Verse 18, listed in Illustrated Bible Handbook’s chart, Hebrews’ Message to Me tells of a THEME toward maturity. The CONCEPT is of security stimulating growth. KEY WORDS are: “insecure, foundation”.

I latch onto the MEANING seemingly for dear life! “I can forget myself and launch out in reckless trust that the atonement is complete.”

I confess Father. I’m not sure what fully forgetting myself and recklessly trusting You would look like. Oh, but I DO want to learn!

Now, back to Your Word. “So it impossible for God to lie for we know that His promise and His vow never change! And now we have run into His heart to hide ourselves in His faithfulness” (18a). Just imagine that! Running into Your heart and hiding in Your faithfulness. My mind practically explodes with hopefulness.

“… This is where we find His strength and comfort, for He empowers us to seize what has already been established ahead of time - an unshakeable hope! We have this certain [promised] hope like a strong, unbreakable anchor holding our souls to God Himself. Our anchor of hope is fastened to the mercy seat which sits in the heavenly realm beyond the sacred threshold” (18b-19).

Unshakeable hope. Unbreakable anchor of hope. Promised hope. Praise You Father!

Use me this day Lord. We have thing planned and much to do to pull it all together. Work in, with, by, through and for us that we will end this day glorifying and enjoying You.

We love You. We thank You. Use us. Amen.
(420 words ~ 7:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment