Tuesday, July 9, 2019

A smile!


Tuesday, July 9, 2019 (6:44 a.m.)
Holy God,
(7:18 a.m.)
A smile! Thank You Father. Yes. Thank You.

There was a feeling of indifference I brought with me for seemingly no particular reason. Rather blasé, if You will.

Thank You that a live shot of a favored lake brought the automatic smile that reminds me of Your goodness. Thank You Father.

Yes Dad, thanks!

As far as I could tell there was nothing specific I could point at to explain the gloominess. And then the smile changed everything. Even thinking about the ease with which it appeared causes a cascade of more smiling. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

Following that smile into Your Word I find myself smiling all the more. Psalm 43:5. Yes. Thank You God.

The Message asks, “Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? Fix my eyes on God - soon I’ll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He’s my God.” Yes You are! Thank You Father.

Mm, yes. The Living Bible, “O my soul, why be so gloomy and discouraged? Trust in God! I shall again praise Him for His wondrous help; He will make me smile again, for He is my God! ” And it all started with that one simple smile. Thank You God.

A comment for Psalm 43 in The Life Recovery Bible describes You as “our only dependable source of strength and encouragement.” It goes on declaring, “As we turn our life over to Him and seek His wisdom and strength, we will find the help we need. We must learn, as the psalmist did, to find strength by reading God’s Word and allowing Him to restore our joy.”

How blessed we are to have You and Your Word remind us of the importance of allowing a simple smile to take us right into Your presence.

Father, I love You so much. Lead me, guide me, direct me, completely saturate me, teaching me exactly as You know is best.

Do all You must Father. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(354 words ~ 8:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment