Monday, July 8, 2019

always at the ready


Monday, July 8, 2019 (4:05 a.m.)
Most Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You for different ways of looking at things. Like this morning and the work I want to take care of during our usual 6 a.m. time together. I had thought of postponing it, which never turns out well. Getting up early is a much better plan. Thank You, Lord.

Thank You for the added surprise of seeing a photograph of my parents, taken so many years ago by their really good neighbors. Guide our time together this morning.

And just like that I am reading in 2 Samuel 22. Here King David speaks of You as his Rock. His Fortress. Savior. Shield.
(6:09 a.m.)

Considering You as all the things that David knew You to be, I promptly went right back to sleep. Thank You for more rest Father. Thank You that You know and provide for our every need.

With a cup of coffee in one hand and The Life Recovery Bible at the other, I read more of David’s words to You. He knew You well and trusted You so much. Thank You for his example of praise, Father.

As I continue studying his Song of Praise, a modern day piece of music keeps breaking in. Leon Russel, Ray Charles, Donny Hathaway and a more recently gifted young man Kodi Lee have all sung ♪ A Song for You ♪

Mm, Father. Thank You. I wasn’t really familiar with it before. Now it just seems to be always at the ready. Like You!

Thank You God. As I prepare to go out into this day I ask You to continuously remind me that You are always at the ready to help us in every single need we have.

David’s experiences with You offer us such hope. Verse 20, “He led me to a place of safety; He rescued me because He delights in me.” Thank You for blessing us so much Dear Lord.

Thank You for teaching and guiding us. Use me this day exactly as You wish. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(353 words ~ 6:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment