Wednesday, February 27, 2019

And...


Wednesday, February 27, 2019 (5:48 a.m.)
Absolutely Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You for dreams. And waking. And surprises. And Your love. And Your presence. And…

Yes Blessed Father, thank You for all the things I can’t even think of to thank You for right now.

It started as I was waking. Wondering if there was a song, I listened. Internally. Intently. Nothing. I even thought of attempting to jog one loose. 

The very next thing, I was seeing, because of a dream, off to the right, a tiny white arc, very low in the sky. A faded rainbow if You will. It served to remind me of the glorious rainbow we were blessed to experience last month.

Truly the most magnificent rainbow I have ever seen in my life. Such was its beauty that I still remember the details. Seen by family and friends for miles around. Brought only to my attention by the phone call of a much loved one.

Father it is the majestic beauty of this one particular, unduplicated rainbow with which I come to speak with You this morning. I ask You to guide and direct me in Your Word and in my thinking.
(7:02 a.m.)

My easy, most direct verse was Genesis 9:13. Your permanent promise to Noah and all the earth. I kept looking though. Yes. You will not send another flood to destroy the earth.

Believe it or not, I needed more. How crazy is that? “Oh, no, God. That’s not what I want.”

Thank You Father that we get to be this honest with You. You provide us Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. We are so blessed to be able to come before You exactly as we are. Thank You Father. Praise You.

Turning to 2 Chronicles 6:14 and then back over to 1 Kings 8:61 I stand firm on the hope we find in You. Praise You Father for Who and all You are. We are so blessed to trust in the hope that You offer through Your promises.

“He [Solomon] prayed, ‘O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like You in all of heaven and earth. You keep Your promises and show unfailing love to all who obey You and are eager to do Your will” (2 Chronicles 6:14).

Blessed, Holy God, we can so easily get side-tracked in our day to day experiences. It’s only when we take the time to focus our attention back to the hope of Your promises that we are buoyed. Uplifted. Heartened. Thank You Father. Praise You.

“And may you, His people, always be faithful to the LORD our God. May you always obey His laws and commands, just as you are doing today” (1 Kings 8:61).

Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us, “Solomon exhorts them [‘the entire community of Israel’ (v. 55)], for ‘your hearts must be fully committed to the Lord our God, to live by His decrees and obey His commands…’ (1 Kings 8:61).”

Yes Father! It is to You that I long my heart be fully committed, living by Your decrees, obeying Your commands. Thank You for the reminder of Your promises.

Father, I love You. Empower me to live this day as You desire. Lovingly. Truthfully. Giving You all praise and glory.

I love You Father. How I thank You for Your promises and the hope we have in them. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.
(586 words ~ 7:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment