Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Grateful praise.


Wednesday, February 20, 2019 (5:43 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You for Your love. Thank You for a song. And a smile. Yes Father. Thank You.

♪For the beauty of the earth… Brother, sister, parent, child… Lord of all, to Thee we raise This our hymn of grateful praise♪ Yes! Grateful praise.

Psalm 107:8, “Give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds.” Many times the thanks and praise come more easily and readily than others. And often, like this morning, it gets jump started by You.

Just the hint of a verse considering the beauty of the morning sky and the next thing I know I’m singing. Smiling. Staying my mind on You and Your Word. Even stretching to some small degree as I remember the importance of loving You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30).

Father, thank You. It is so easy to get side tracked by my failings. The areas in which I am weak. Ashamed. Embarrassed. Then You remind me to think outside of myself.

To look around. Be grateful. Aware of Your loving kindnesses. Your beauty.

There’s an opportunity this morning. A visit to the beach to celebrate the birth of a much loved one. Most Holy God how I invite You to go before us. Beside us. Behind, beneath, above and within us all the day. Pointing out Your goodnesses and Your grace.

Oh most Dear and Holy God, how deeply and truly we love You. Be our focus of this day. Making us fully aware of the numerous blessings that stem from Your “great love and wonderful deeds.”

Thank You. We love You. Amen.
(283 words ~ 6:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment