Sunday, February 3, 2019

on eagle's wings


Sunday, February 3, 2019 (4:52 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

There are so very many things that I simply do not understand. Thank You Father that I don’t have to. I get to turn to You. Trusting. Singing.
(6:16 a.m.)

And then exploring. Your Word. The internet. Writings about Your Word. And songs.

Father, there is no end to all I don’t know. Thank You that You provide for our every need. And teach us in the process.

Tears are welling up deep inside me. Thoughts and Truth bounce from one to another. Holy God, thank You!

Thank You for the beauty and kindnesses that abound around us. Thank You for all there is for us to learn.

Singing to You several hours ago I am surprised to find out that the Scripture verse I have always associated to one song is not its origin. All these years [decades] I have thought of Isaiah 40:31 as I belt out, ♪And He will raise you up on eagle’s wings Bear you on the breath of dawn Make you to shine like the sun And hold you in the palm of His hand♪

As it turns out Exodus 19:4 and Psalm 91 are more often referenced in regards to ♪On Eagle’s Wings♪. And now I learn of a book written by the composer detailing his bout with Guillan-BarrĂ© Syndrome (GBS).

Thank You for Father Jan Michael Joncas’ willingness to share his experience with this “catastrophic and chronic illness”. I ask You to use On Eagle’s Wings: A Journey Through Illness Toward Healing exactly as You know is best.

The unexpected twists and turns this time with You has taken again make me aware that I don’t know what I think I know. How I ask You Dearest Lord to continue Your work in growing me. Teaching me. Bringing me ever closer to Your shelter and safety.

Reading Psalm 91:1-4 I am reminded of having seen a mother hen shelter her chicks from impending danger. She sat. Strong. Unruffled. Protecting her young.

Your Word promises that for us. Father, here I am asking [seeking, knocking ~ Matthew 7:7] Your blessing and keeping upon myself and others. You are everything we need in life.

Continue doing all You must in making each of us aware of the love You have to so freely share with us all. I love You Father. And I thank You. Use me exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Amen.
(420 words ~ 8:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment