Saturday, February 23, 2019

♫ The Stand ♫


Saturday, February 23, 2019 (7:12 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! The melody started hours ago. A note here. Phrase there. Interspersed with a completely different song.

How I thank You for the many ways our minds work. My eyes weren’t even open as the two songs were merging together. It was right there that I realized if I chose to go with the dominate, easy tune I would lose the essence of the other one.

Father God, You do not disappoint! Staying my mind on the elusive phrasings, it solidified right as I turned in my worship journal to find it.

I knew the word eternity was involved. With one note connecting to another the lyrics were right on the tip of my tongue. Just as I was opening my notes to begin the search a full phrase jumped to the forefront.

♪So I’ll stand with arms high and heart abandoned♪ The Stand. Of course.

Here my thought of this past week is cemented. We get to choose where we put our focus. I could have easily switched my thinking over to the song from yesterday and started singing ♪I Have Dreamed♪ Thank You for staying my mind instead on those very few elusive notes.

Father God, You present us with choices all the time. Life or death (Deuteronomy 30:19). Whom we will serve (Joshua 24:15). Obey You, or not (Isaiah 1:15-20). Turn from indifference, repent and answer Your knock (Revelation 3:19-20).

Continue Your work in me Dearest Dad. Growing me as only You know is best.

You are good. We get to turn to You “for cleansing and renewal. Religious activity is no substitute for a genuine life with God. It is only when we confess our sins and ask God to help us that He will make us ‘as clean as freshly fallen snow’” (Isaiah 1:9-20 The Life Recovery Bible comment).

“As clean as freshly fallen snow.” Again, another choice! Yes Father. Forgive me for those times I choose chaos instead of order (1 Corinthians 14:33). Grudge holding rather than forgiveness (Leviticus 19:18).

Mm, yes Father. I long to stand on Your Word (Ephesians 6:10-12). Loving as You would have me love (1 Corinthians 13:4-8a). Do all You must in making it so!

♪So I’ll stand, my soul Lord to You surrendered All I am is Yours♪ Yes Father. All I am is Yours! Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Amen.
(426 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment