Thursday, February 21, 2019

"a narrow path"


Thursday, February 21, 2019 (6:39 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You! This morning I awoke with eagerness. Excited. Agog! Thank You Father.

I have ideas in my head. Thoughts. Potential plans. “A narrow path.” Those were the words. Along with the song ♪Open My Eyes, That I May See♪ Oh yes Father. Yes!

♪Open my eyes that I may see Visions Glimpses of Truth Thou hast for me; Place in my hands the wonderful key, That shall unclasp and set me free♪ Yes Father, yes!

Mm. Set free. A narrow path. Different ways of looking at things. Wow Father. Sign me up!

Even a song from over fifty-five years ago speaks Your Truth to me right now. ♪Come and Get These Memories… so my mind and my heart can leave that easy♪ Yes Father. Oh yes please!

I’m so stuck in the memories of the past. Cards. Letters. Notes. Potential information. Let it all go? How?!

So here I am. Seeking YOUR narrow path for me. Sitting differently. Choosing my thoughts carefully.

Oh yes Blessed God! Thank You that we do get to choose our thoughts. Thoughts that lead us to life. Away from death (Deuteronomy 30:19).

Holy Moly, God! The more I read, the more excited I become. I consider Your Word, Your Truth and a genuine excitement sparks within me. Thank You Father.

Blessed God, how I ask You to lead and guide me this day. Yes to those ♪Glimpses of Truth Thou hast for me♪ Those glimpses that will ultimately lead me to “the gate that opens the way to true life” (Matthew 7:14a Easy-to-Read Version).

That gate which is narrow. “And the road that leads there is hard to follow. Only a few people find it” (14b, c). I want to be one of the few Father.

The Voice says, “Now then that narrow door leads to a narrow road [path is my word choice] that in turn leads to life. It is hard to find that road [path]. Not many people manage it.” Most Holy God, make me one of the not many!

I already am so incredibly different than my counterparts. Somewhat wacky [funny or amusing in a slightly odd or peculiar way] if You will. Keep doing all You must in leading me to all the glimpses of grace You would have me share.

You provide each of us with the choices we need to be able to find Your narrow path. Please take hold of my right hand (Isaiah 41:13) and don’t let go.
(9:50 a.m.)

I want to serve You Father. As You so rightly and justly deserve. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that Your will be done as only You know is best.

I love You. I thank You. I praise You. And I ask You, do all these things in Jesus’ mighty and powerful name. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(477 words ~ 9:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment