Wednesday, February 13, 2019

gradually changed


Wednesday, February 13, 2019 (7:01 a.m.)
Blessed God,

How I thank You. I’m moving slowly. Not yet thinking clearly. And feeling somewhat subdued. A little down. Not too peppy.

Oh, but then I noticed I’m stretching. Without even realizing it. Moving this way. And that. Yes. Thank You Father.

Thank You that You move in my being without my even noticing. Thank You for every time I pause long enough to pay attention to what is going on in and around me. A smile here. A stretch there. Yes Father, thank You.

I’m reading in and about the book of Acts. And here comes another smile. Bigger. Deeper. Fuller. Yes. The Life Recovery Bible introduction for this book tells us, “Through the examples of these early believers, we see that the Holy Spirit has the power to change lives.”

It is here that we get to read of the transformations of both the apostles Peter and Paul. “These men should be an encouragement to us. Both made serious mistakes as younger men, but as they turned their lives over to God, they were gradually changed.”

That’s me. Gradually changed. You do it every single day. Occasionally by leaps and bounds. Most often little by little. Subtly. Steadily. Maybe even at a turtle’s pace. Slow and steady. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the gift of acceptance that You have been nurturing in me all these years. The ability to trust You at Your Word.

Take this time with You this morning for example. I came out here a little on the mopey side. Thinking I was going to have to do something grand to shake myself out of it. Instead I confessed it all to You. And turned to Acts 17:28.

Since then I’ve been aware of each smile as it starts. I may not be singing yet. But my mind is definitely stayed on You. Along with the hope that continues to build.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the Truth that rings out as I read of Paul’s preaching in Athens. Again introducing us to the importance of a genuine relationship with You over mere religious activity.

We are invited to know You. Trust You. Love You. Personally. Thank You Father. Praise You. I give You my heart this morning. Asking only that You guide and direct me in the best use of the time You have afforded me.

Thank You Father. Use me as You know is best. I love You. I thank You. I praise You. And I ask You to continue Your good and mighty work in me. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(442 words ~ 8:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment