Sunday, February 24, 2019

from a rant to a rave


Sunday, February 24, 2019 (7:10 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You! Truly. Sincerely. Thank You!

Just moments ago I was stomping and growling and generally irritated. With Y-o-u, of all things!

My first word here was going to be, “ARGH!” Then I remembered why I coined it all those years ago. To remind myself to “Always Revere God’s Holiness!”

It took a moment to settle in. Then came the smile. Yes. “Always Revere God’s Holiness!”

Thank You Father. Thank You for reminding me that as often as I become annoyed and irritated with myself and/or circumstances I can always choose You. Choose to come to the foot of the cross and look to You rather than the irritants.

Even there, I find another smile. What do oysters do with irritants?

Make pearls!

And when life gives us lemons? Make...

... margaritas!

Thank You Blessed Father that I even get to make jokes and laugh freely with You. It’s so very much better than grumbling and growling and kicking wildly at circumstances.

And with that I wind myself over to John 16:33. Jesus’ discourse with His disciples before His betrayal and ultimate death. Assuring them that ‘whatever happens in the next hours, He will not be alone’ (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

Mm, yes Father. This mess I have around me here in no way compares to the fate Jesus was facing. Where I truly take heart is in choosing to believe Your Truth that even in this I am not alone. Intentionally 'cherry-picking' this verse for my particular situation.

“I’ve told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world” (The Message).

The Life Recovery Bible comment spells me out nicely. “16:33 In this world, especially in recovery, we encounter ‘many trials and sorrow,’ many of them beyond our control. These can be endured with God’s help. On the other hand, some of our suffering is self-inflicted and can be avoided. In such situations, God still offers us peace as we muster the courage to make needed changes in our life.”

Hmm... Muster the courage to make necessary changes in my life. Yes Father, please! It’s so much easier for me to storm and stomp. Keep my focus on You. Your power. Your Truth!

Continuing in the comment, “God’s forgiveness and loving acceptance can give us peace as we face all our trials and sorrows. God’s power can lead us through recovery; He has already overcome all the obstacles that stand in our way!”

Thank You Father. Praise You Jesus. Dwell in me Holy Spirit. I am not alone here!

Do all You must in ‘giving me the grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.’

Father I have decisions to make that I can’t pull off on my own. Do all You must in making me able. Yes Father. Just like turning what was initially going to be a rant here into a rave.

Thank You Father. Yes. I love You so much. Use me exactly as You know is best. I love You. Thank You! Amen.
(551 words ~ 8:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment