Sunday, February 10, 2019

loyalty and kindness


Sunday, February 10, 2019 (5:10 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for sleep. Thank You for loyalty. Yes Father. Teach me this morning what it is to be loyal.

I confess. I did not see this coming. And there is a huge degree of awkward that continues to grow.

I was called out yesterday when my conversation appeared inconsistent with my convictions. While I truly believed myself to be presenting a loyal discourse, there were huge discrepancies between my thoughts and my words.

Oh most Blessed God, how I ask You to help me here. Again I struggle with what I think I know and what truly is.

Thank You that Your Word speaks also to this. Thank You that we can depend on You and others to align us back to Your best for us. Even [especially] when it’s awkward.

So here I am Father, asking You to work Your Word and Your will into my heart. Into my soul. My mind. And my strength (Mark 12:30).

Thank You for a friend’s willingness to challenge a conversation that I have come to regard as unseemly. As hard as it is to hear and struggle through, thank You Father for Your Truth.

Mm, yes. Father, thank You for Your Truth!

Guide me this morning into Your Word. Okay ~ 1 Corinthians 13:7 it is. Now please direct me to the version. It’s a tall order, I tell You right now. And exactly what I thought of yesterday.

When I read “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things” (MOUNCE) I wonder how is this even possible? No one can do all this all the time. Then I remember that it’s You that empowers and enables us to love.

Thank You Father. Thank You that when it’s hard and we think we’re left out on our own we can look to You. We can always choose to look to You.

Yes, Father. Yes. Thank You for Your love. Your love that teaches each of us how to love one another. When we practice and apply it. Even [especially] in the hard times.

You have so much more to teach me. And I’m still struggling with the basics. “Love one another” (John 13:34).

Too often what I think is love really isn’t. Help me Father. Help me love as You would have me love. Loyally. Faithfully. Wholeheartedly. Freely. Genuinely. Forgivingly. Trustingly. Hopefully. Enduringly.

We each have choices. All day. Everyday. Make mine that I would ‘Never let loyalty and kindness get away from me!’ (Proverbs 3:3a). Truly Father, I long to ‘Wear them like a necklace; written deep within my heart’ (3b).

The Passion Translation tells us, “Love is a safe place of shelter, for it never stops believing the best for others. Love never takes failure as defeat, for it never gives up” (1 Corinthians 13:7). You alone know how I have longed to be a safe place of shelter for others. It truly is a deep desire of my heart.

You have Your work cut out in making that happen. And I know You are able!

Ephesians 3:20, “Never doubt God’s mighty power to work in you and accomplish all this [living together as family and loving one another as Christ loved us]. He will achieve infinitely more than your greatest request, your most unbelievable dream, and exceed your wildest imagination! He will outdo them all, for His miraculous power constantly energizes you” (The Passion Translation).

I believe this Father. I trust You at Your Word.

Do all You must in making and shaping me in to the woman You created me to be. I love You. I long to serve You as You have the right to be served. And to represent You well. With loyalty and kindness toward others.

Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(629 words ~ 7:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment