Tuesday, August 15, 2017

unexpected kindnesses

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 (7:01 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. You bless us. Repeatedly. With surprises to us. Unexpected kindnesses. Mm, yes. Thank You Father.

Yes, Father! Thank You. I get to turn to Your Word. Turn in Your Word. Read Truth written so very long ago that still pertains today.

Truth. Eternal, everlasting Truth. Thank You Father.

Thank You that just by searching the word kindnesses I got to read Psalm 103 (verse 2). Illustrated Bible Handbook states, “Praise is offered to God for the gracious way He relates to David, and for God’s great love for all who fear [fully esteem and revere] Him.”

Yes! The Message says, “My whole being, praise the Lord. Do not forget all His kindnesses.” Oh, praise You Father.

Phrases found in a Theology in Brief titled Faith and Feelings in Illustrated Bible Handbook describes me well. Filled with emotion. Both negative and positive feelings. Human frailty. All the Truth found in Your Word [emphasizing Psalms 73, 77 and 116] is summed up with the following reality.

“We are never to judge the strength or validity of our faith by our feelings. Instead we are to let God shape our feelings as we relate to Him. We cannot completely change our own feelings simply by willing them to be different.”

Oh yes, Blessed Father. Yes!

Continuing, “But as we focus on who God is, and the meaning of our relationship with Him, God will graciously work in our emotional life as well as in our understanding, and shape us to His image.”

I am learning to look to and call on You. You are teaching me that it is YOU who quells the chaos in my heart, soul, mind and strength. Yes Father. “Praise the LORD, I tell myself, and never forget the good things [unexpected kindnesses] He does for me” (Psalm 103:2 New Living Translation).

Oh yes Blessed Father. Continue Your fine, good work in each of us. Molding and making us into the people You would have us be. Fully Yours. Completely grateful. I love You Lord. ThankYou. Use us. Amen.

(353 words ~ 8:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment