Thursday, August 10, 2017

songs of deliverance

Thursday, August 10, 2017 (6:08 a.m.)
Holy God,

I am here this morning asking for Your blessings. Large and small.

Maybe strike that. Perhaps what I am really seeking is to be more keenly aware of the blessings You already continuously provide us. Yes. That’s it.

I get to wake up in the morning with songs in my heart. Songs I believe You place there. Mm, yes. ♪Songs… of deliverance♪

Thank You Father. Thank You that I have such ready, easy access to songs. Your Word is filled with them. Truth that others have put to music and sung on Your behalf.

Mm, blessed Father I don’t even know where to begin in thanking and giving You praise! How about this morning? Just now.

The first song started with yesterday’s reminder (Psalm 133:1) ♪Behold how good and how pleasant it is For brethren to dwell together… In unity, to dwell in unity♪ From that stemmed various songs in The Hymnal that begin with “Be”.

Every thank and praise I start to offer You just plain falls short. There are so many offshoots that branch off into deeper thoughts of their own. One song leads to another. One thought takes off into many. Thank You Father that I get to look to You to wrangle them all back in to something cohesive.

Thank You that You are not a God of disorder, but of peace (1 Corinthians 14:33a). Thank You that we get to call out to You. Sing out to You to order our thinking. Our unsettled hearts and souls.

Thank You that You are indeed our hiding place! The current day song sings of what David penned all those years ago (Psalm 32:7). ♪You are my hiding place, You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance; Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You… Let the weak say, “I am strong in the strength of the Lord!”♪

Oh, yes, Father! I cry out to You. I sing out to You. And You settle my being. With songs of deliverance. Bless You. Praise You. Thank You! I love You. Use me as You wish this day. Fully. Freely. According to Your best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(363 words ~ 7:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment