Saturday, August 5, 2017

Proverbs 18

Saturday, August 5, 2017 (6:30 a.m.)
Holy God,

I’m asking something I’ve asked of You before. I want to be a better listener.

I don’t think I could smile any bigger right now. While at the very same time have my head hanging in shame. Truly.

Proverbs 18:15 in The Message sums it all up quite clearly. “Answering before listening is both stupid and rude.” Ouch! Yet so true.

Work with me here Father. Far too many times of late I have been both stupid and rude. Interrupting. Cutting others off. Ill-mannered. Impolite. Not at all who or how I want to be.

Reading all of Proverbs 18 I see myself in many of the verses. And again I say, “Ouch!” To the point of tears in my eyes. With a saddened heart and soul.

Blessed Father God, I love You so very much. I read Your Word and am so deeply convicted of the error of my ways. I recognize and confess to You the impulsivity that has plagued me for so many years.

Holy God, I honestly do not want to be stupid. Nor rude. Work in me as only You can. Growing me into the woman You would have me be. Virtuous and capable (Proverbs 31:10). Yes Father please.

My prayer to You this morning. I want to listen. And hear! I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(236 words ~ 8:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment