Tuesday, August 15, 2017

quelling the chaos

Monday, August 14, 2017 (7:15 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Mm, yes. Blessed, holy God. Thank You that I get to look to You. Calling You blessed. And holy. I confess to feeling fussy. Testy. Out of sorts.

Oh but look, a word that means the opposite of these feelings is easygoing. Yes, please. Sign me up to be “free from tension and anxiety”. Mm. Yes. Please. God.

I just used the phrase “loose thoughts” in describing myself to a much loved one. Blessed God, I am looking to You. Asking You to order my thinking. To Your good. And to Your glory.

Fearful thoughts take me in one direction. A tiny bit of singing starts to quell the churning of my soul. Yes. Father! Singing out to You quells my soul. Thank You!

Yes, yes please. Blessed, holy God quell my soul. 

Allow me some perspective will You please? I have resumed seeing situations in terms of all or nothing. I am either doing everything completely right or I am completely wrong. No middle ground whatsoever. This is not Truth. Not Your Truth!

I continue playing mistakes over and over in my mind. Errors in judgment that have caused various people to become afraid. Scared to the point of tears. More than once. Forgive my 
bravado Father. Humble my heart. Please give me insight. To help.

Job’s friends believed they were right in the things they thought and said to him about his problems (Job 26:12, The Voice).

No comments:

Post a Comment