Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Hmm

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 (7:31 a.m.)
Holy God,

Hi. And thank You.

Hmm. This morning I am “expressing reflection or hesitation”. Yesterday was the exclamation, “Mm” ~ used to express contentment, pleasure, agreement or approval.

I never got back to You as I had planned in offering the praise and thanksgiving for all the things that were falling into place. Attitudes had been agreeable. And when they weren’t, they were quickly adjusted. Thank You.

Today, in our never ending saga of “it’s always something” I sit here fairly stunned. One moment we were experiencing the order of a sorting job finally well done. And the next we have a shattered glass patio table for seemingly no apparent reason.

Blessed, Holy God, I realize it to be a relatively easy fix. And I truly am grateful for Your presence in righting my dazed and confused thinking so much earlier this morning. Thank You for the resources we have at our disposal.

Right this moment I am feeling spiritually torn between the desire to just sit here quietly with You. Being still and knowing Your are God (Psalm 46:10). All the while my mind is wanting to get up and get going on the latest clean up task at hand.

I tried the “I’ll get back with You later” approach with our time together yesterday. To no avail.

Here I am asking You to temper the desire I have to go take care of the business at hand before the unusually high heat hits again for the day. Hmm, yes Father, neutralize and counterbalance my thinking on what is the top priority of this day.
(8:46 a.m.)

Blessed Lord, I LOVE when it seems as though I am hearing directly from You. The devotion for today’s date in Jesus Calling begins with these words, “Demonstrate your trust in me by sitting quietly in My Presence. Put aside all that is waiting to be done, and refuse to worry about anything. ”

Oh yes, Father. Yes!

“This sacred time together strengthens you and prepares you to face whatever the day will bring.” Like how to best clean up glass dust on a highly barefooted trafficked patio area. Forgive my thinking Father. I went straight to the internet instead of to You.

Proverbs 16:3 reminds me again of what I so often forget. “Commit your work to the LORD, and then your plans will succeed” (New Living Translation).

The Voice tells it this way, “Whatever you do, do it as service to Him, and He will guarantee your success.” Yes please Father.

My plan for today had been to hide from the heat in the house most of the day, doing laundry. That no longer seems to be the case. In this particular instance I am asking You to supply every single thing I need to do to help protect the little bare feet that are scheduled to visit our yard.

I love You Father. Thank You for reminding me of the importance of putting You first and foremost in our day.

Now… what about that glass?

I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(521 words ~ 9:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment