Saturday, August 26, 2017

a cheerful heart

Saturday, August 26, 2017 (7:12 a.m.)
Oh Your goodness God,

Thank You that even in the midst of grumpiness this morning I get to look to You asking for cheeriness instead. Yes please. A cheerful heart is what I seek.

Oh yes Holy God! Thank You that Your Word has so very much to say about being of good cheer. A cheerful heart is good medicine (Proverbs 17:22). It brings a smile to your face (Proverbs 15:13). And fills the day with song (v. 15).

And now I’m reading of the True Interdependence and Sincere Love described in Romans 12:3-8 and 9-21. Paying particular attention to verses 11 and 12 in The Message.

“Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don’t quit in hard times; pray all the harder.”

Mm, yes Father. I tend to quit in hard times. Empower me in praying all the harder. Making me cheerfully expectant rather than grumpily dreading.

Oh Blessed Father, Your Word is rife with hope and Truth. Tap that vein in me! I absolutely long to have Your love rule my attitude and my actions. Yes. Yes. Holy God. “Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me” (Psalm 51:10).

Yes, Father I am asking You to provide me with a cheerful heart. I love You. And I desperately need Your perfect love (1 John 4:18) to do all in, with, by, through and for me that I am unable to do on my own.

This I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.
(273 words ~ 8:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment