Friday, August 18, 2017

assured

Thursday, August 17, 2017 (8:01 a.m.)
So God,

Hi. I have time to spare today. The swim season is winding down and I am a little bit at loose ends. There is SO very much needed to be done around here. And now, there is actually time with which to do it.

The question is, where to start?
(11:37 a.m.)

I have a problem prioritizing. You know that. This is nothing new. Oh, but I think sitting here talking about it with You; honestly, openly and willingly just might be.

Holy Father God, thank You for time this morning to sit and converse. With You, friends and family alike. Thank You for the desire to want to work at getting things back on track around here.

Thank You for the genuine, tender love that You have for each and every single one of us. Father, how I ask You to teach me in using that love well. To Your good and to Your glory.

As the summer months are running down and the outdoor swim season is coming to a close, show me most clearly what You would have me do with the unscheduled time I will have available.
(12:24 p.m.)

As our time together continues, my thoughts keep evolving. One idea leads to the next goal. So much to do. With seemingly little time. Let me choose to ♪Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness And all these things shall be added unto you Alllelu, alleluia♪

Mm yes Lord!

As I consider the things that scare me [making mistakes, being wrong]. Those of which I am often afraid. I sought an antonym for startle and found put at ease. Looking deeper, I came across assured. As in ♪Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine! O what a foretaste of glory divine!♪

Yes, Father. I DO find myself at loose ends. With much time and even more tasks with which to fill it. And again I am assured that I am so loved (John 3:16). I am blessed (Matthew 5:3-10). Oh, thank You Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment