Wednesday, August 9, 2017

good and pleasant

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 (7:34 a.m.)
Holy, Loving God,

Thank You! Thank You that You love us so much (John 3:16). I confess to thoughts and feelings that do NOT represent Your love. And then You bring me back. With the words of a song of David for those journeying to worship” (Psalm 133:1).

Father God, I confess to having such a bad attitude. And extremely negative thoughts concerning loved ones. It’s like a knee-jerk reaction. Almost anything is said and I seem to automatically choose to take offense. Thinking the absolute worst. Complete with mean and snarky internal rumblings.

Forgive me Lord!

Thank You that even though the battle rages on in my mind, Your Word rings true! Truly singing to my heart, soul and mind through the words of a song on a favored Psalty the Singing Songbook (#7) cassette.

♪Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together In unity, to dwell in unity♪ Yes please, Father. Work in me that I would truly come to dwell in unity!

Thank You for reminding me of the Truth found in Your Word. Philippians 1:9 in The Message spoke loudly to me decades ago. Healing a nearly lifelong frayed relationship.

The apostle Paul wrote, “So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush.” Mm, yes please!

He went on encouraging them to “Live a lover’s life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God.”

Oh yes Father, please! I honestly do want Jesus to be proud of who I am, how I feel, what I think and all I do. Yes please. Teach me to truly love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). AND my neighbor as myself (v. 31).

Yes. Yes. Yes. Do all You must that I would truly love appropriately. Good and pleasant. In unity. With you. And others. Yes Father. Thank You. I love You! Amen.
(387 words ~ 9:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment