Thursday, August 24, 2017

aware

Thursday, August 24, 2017 (6:31 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You for sleep. Deep, restorative, dream-filled sleep. Yes Father. Thank You for another thing I have so often taken for granted.

I do that don’t I Lord? Take things for granted. Even the phrase itself. Thank You for the opportunity to also explore this Father.

take for granted, to accept without question or objection; assume; to use, accept, or treat in a careless or indifferent manner; to give little attention to or to underestimate the value of; to fail to appreciate

Oh my dear Lord, so very many things come rushing to mind! The myriad of things I haven’t noticed until they were gone.

Praise You Father for keeping us mindful. Mm, yes! Holy God please keep me aware of the things YOU want me paying attention to.

There is a flicker of excitement starting inside me right now. One word leading to another. The awareness just now of another word being completely changed just by one letter. Assume becomes assure because of one little alphabetical character.

Thank You for reminding me once again that we are assured in You. This in turn sets the music in my soul to singing; hence the hope of joy bubbling up inside me.

♪My Life in You, Lord My strength is in You, Lord My hope is in You, Lord In You, it’s in You…♪

Oh most dear and precious God, I truly have no idea what this day has in store. Let me be fully assured that You are truly in command of it all. 

Even here, while searching a certain phrase I am unable to remember comes the hymn ♪All the Way My Savior Leads Me♪ Along with this comes Psalm 48:14, “This God is our God forever and ever. He will lead us from now to the end of time!” (Easy-to-Read Version).

Mm, yes Blessed Father. Be my focus this day. Let me be fully aware of Your leading. Guide me exactly along the path You have for me. Aware not only of the pitfalls, but the blessings as well. Like a good night’s sleep.

Mm, yes. Thank You God. I love You Amen.
(375 words ~ 7:39 a.m.)

P. S. The elusive phrase from above just hit me. Words to this effect, “While I may not know what tomorrow holds, I know WHO holds today!” Thank You Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment